2019 Charlotte PRIDE
If there was ever a time to show up for our sisters and brothers who are LGBT+, that time is now! With the passage of hateful and discriminatory legislation and the every day bullying of people with different sexual and gender identities, we must gather together in love, welcome, and affirmation of all people. That is what PRIDE is about. That is why this year is the year to pay up and show up for Charlotte PRIDE.
What do we mean by “Pay Up” and “Show Up?”
- Pay Up simply means donate to the cause. Give financially to Charlotte PRIDE which seeks to enrich, empower, strengthen and make visible the unique lives and experiences of LGBT+ people in Charlotte, in the Carolinas, and beyond.
- Show Up means to be present at the Festival, worship services, fundraiser(s), and/or other events leading up to PRIDE week.
- Mail your donation to the Church at 1900 Queens Rd., Charlotte, NC 28207
- Give online through myMPBC
- Give on your smart phone using the Church Life app
- Charlotte PRIDE Festival | August 18 and 19 | Find out more > | MPBC will host a vendor booth at this year’s PRIDE Festival. Volunteers work 1.5 hour shifts smiling, welcoming, and sharing information about our Church to anyone who visits our booth. We need your help sharing the good news of MPBC at Charlotte PRIDE. Come enjoy the food, fellowship, and entertainment as you browse art and vendor booths, discovering the diversity of Charlotte’s LGBT+ and ally communities. To sign up to help staff our table and greet and meet the festival attendees click on the volunteer button below. Questions? Contact Ryan LaPrade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Worship at MPBC | Sunday, August 18 | 10:00am | Gather with us in our Sanctuary as we celebrate the culmination of PRIDE week, 2019.
- Charlotte PRIDE Parade | Sunday, August 18 | 1:00-3:00pm | You won’t want to miss this culminating event of Charlotte’s PRIDE festival! Join us at the parade as LGBT+ people and allies march in celebration and affirmation of sexual diversity and gender variance. To sign up to join our group click on the volunteer button below.
More information will be available closer to the event.
About LGBT+ Fellowship at MPBC
We foster a spirit of community and belonging as we welcome and integrate LGBT+ guests and members into the life of Myers Park Baptist (MPBC). Our group meets periodically, in both small and large group settings, through quarterly coffee hours, annual social and RAIN fundraising events, and the annual Charlotte PRIDE Festival, where MPBC hosts a vendor booth.
Our annual advocacy-educational events offer a chance to learn more about our alliances with advocacy agencies, such as RAIN (Regional Aids Interfaith Network), TOY (Time Out Youth), and AWAB (Association of Welcoming & Affirming Baptists). Our group is primarily made up of gay and lesbian persons; however, it is — like our Church — open to everyone!
To join our email list, contact Ryan LaPrade.